The pattern seemed pretty straight forward so off I went - 2 simple rectangles, a bit of shaping and I find myself already at the sewing machine.
It really was nice to just have to cut this much out before sewing.
As I got to work I realised how much this fabric would fray and actually a much more complex pattern might have been a nightmare to work with. This is what my overlocker looked like after a few seams being done. Super fluffy!
I persevered and chose to do a french seam as was recommended in the original blog post which cut down on some of the amount of loose fibers I was dealing with. I have to say that if you are looking for a nice simple pattern to get you going on a sewing machine this is most certainly it. Really straight forward and the only thing that required some tweaking for me was the curve for the front of the cardigan. I made it much to deep originally so once I tried it on I had some strange bits that didn't seem to belong anywhere. Scissors out and a bit of adjustments made and I loved it.
So here we have it - unfortunately my dummy is a much to similar colour to the fabric so once again I have had to model this one. (any volunteers to model future projects very welcome!)
I love how loose and free it is and I definitely want to try this pattern in a knit as think it is a perfect pattern to practice sewing more stretchy fabrics. I'm currently a little bit afraid of them!
Overall I am happy with the outcome of this one. Simple, quick and actually just cost a pound - and now I have an extra piece for my wardrobe.
For my next project I am trying to find a cute pattern for a jacket - I have a skirt that my grandma gave me and I am thinking that with a little bit of clever pattern placement I might be able to stretch it out to turn into a jacket - I'll keep my eyes peeled and let you know!
Thanks for popping by to check this out - it has been lovely to see so many of you recently - leave a comment so I know who you are or pop by and say hi on facebook or twitter. Till next time!